Sluice Box Adventures
Believing Bible Study in the 21st century
Come Before Winter
What is more, this place “on the sides of the north” is “the city of the great King.”
1 Thessalonians 2:13 "For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."
Come Before Winter!
Old Paths Baptist Mission © 2017 Richard St.James
1. The Sides of the North
According to the Spirit of God [in the book of Isaiah] there are two places located on the sides of something. What are these two places?
The first place is on the sides of the north: “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:” [Isaiah 14:13].
The second place is on the sides of a pit: “Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.” [Isaiah 14:15]
These two places are Heaven and Hell.
I want to go Heaven! What about you?
Far above us, to the north of us, beyond this universe, is the most strangest of places a person could ever behold. Here it is: “Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.” [Psalm 48:2]
What is more, this place “on the sides of the north” is “the city of the great King.” Let me loudly testify this to you. I am enamored with this “great King”! I want to see this “great King”! This city of the “great King” is where I am going when I die! I am “persuaded” this confession is TRUE!
Now, this confession is located in the Scripture [in the book of Hebrews, chapter eleven, starting with verse thirteen]. Are you ready? “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.” [Hebrews 11:13-16]
[Now, I am asking you this question: Are you going to this city of the “great King”?]
To continue: And just what is up there “on the sides of the north”, beyond the edge of our universe above a crystal sea? For this, we are given a viewport to view the third heaven [2 Corinthians 12:2] through a book [the book of Revelation, chapter four, verse six]: “And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.” [Revelation 4:6]
FACT NUMBER ONE: There is a throne “on the sides of the north”, and it’s situated upon “a sea of glass”. Now, imagine the scene through the eyes of faith … a most beautiful throne sitting upon an expansive sea of glass!
FACT NUMBER TWO: There sits “the great King”!
Notice: Around this throne, wherein sits this “great King”, are the most bizarre of beasts ever made, with “eyes before and behind” their heads.
[Now, I see these things through the eyes of faith, by the Spirit of God, as “John saw these things”, even though physically I was not there.]
“And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and
seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed
me these things.” [Revelation 22:8]
Like John, I will fall down and worship and worship “the great King”!!!
Can you conceive of such a thing? This is well beyond the human comprehension! Yet this attempt to imagine or to understand HEAVEN is “the joy of the whole earth”. “For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.” [Isaiah 64:4]
QUESTION: Who is “the great King”?
• THE GREAT KING is the ADVOCATE [1 John 2:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the LAMB OF GOD [John 1:29]
• THE GREAT KING is THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE [John 11:25]
• THE GREAT KING is THE SHEPHERD AND BISHOP OF SOULS [1 PETER 2:25]
• THE GREAT KING is the JUDGE [Acts 10:42]
• THE GREAT KING is the LORD OF LORDS [1 Timothy 6:15]
• THE GREAT KING is the MAN OF SORROWS [Isaiah 53:3]
• THE GREAT KING is the HEAD OF THE CHURCH [Ephesians 5:23]
• THE GREAT KING is the MASTER [Matthew 8:19]
• THE GREAT KING is the FAITHFUL AND TRUE WITNESS [Revelation 3:14]
• THE GREAT KING is the ROCK [1 Corinthians 10:4]
• THE GREAT KING is the HIGH PRIEST [Hebrews 6:20]
• THE GREAT KING is THE DOOR [John 10:9]
• THE GREAT KING is the LIVING WATER [John 4:10]
• THE GREAT KING is the BREAD OF LIFE [John 6:35]
• THE GREAT KING is the ROSE OF SHARON [Song of Solomon 2:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the ALPHA AND OMEGA [Revelation 22:13]
• THE GREAT KING is the TRUE VINE [John 15:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the MESSIAH [Daniel 9:25]
• THE GREAT KING is the TEACHER [John 3:2]
• THE GREAT KING is the HOLY ONE [Mark 1:24]
• THE GREAT KING is the MEDIATOR [1 Timothy 2:5]
• THE GREAT KING is THE BELOVED [Ephesians 1:6]
• THE GREAT KING is the BRANCH [Isaiah 11:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the CARPENTER [Mark 6:3]
• THE GREAT KING is the GOOD SHEPHERD [John 10:11]
• THE GREAT KING is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD [John 8:12]
• THE GREAT KING is the IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD [Colossians 1:15]
• THE GREAT KING is THE WORD [John 1:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the CHIEF CORNERSTONE [Ephesians 2:20]
• THE GREAT KING is the SAVIOR [John 4:42]
• THE GREAT KING is the SERVANT [Matthew 12:18]
• THE GREAT KING is the AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH [Hebrews 12:2]
• THE GREAT KING is THE ALMIGHTY [Revelation 1:8]
• THE GREAT KING is the EVERLASTING FATHER [Isaiah 9:6]
• THE GREAT KING is SHILOH [Genesis 49:10]
• THE GREAT KING is the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH [Revelation 5:5]
• THE GREAT KING is the I AM [John 8:58]
• THE GREAT KING is the KING OF KINGS [1 Timothy 6:15]
• THE GREAT KING is the PRINCE OF PEACE [Isaiah 9:6]
• THE GREAT KING is the BRIDEGROOM [Matthew 9:15]
• THE GREAT KING is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON [John 3:16]
• THE GREAT KING is the WONDERFUL COUNSELOR [Isaiah 9:6]
• THE GREAT KING is IMMANUEL [Matthew 1:23]
• THE GREAT KING is the SON OF MAN [Matthew 20:28]
• THE GREAT KING is the DAYSPRING [Luke 1:78]
• THE GREAT KING is THE AMEN [Revelation 3:14]
• THE GREAT KING is the KING OF THE JEWS [Mark 15:26]
• THE GREAT KING is the PROPHET [Matthew 21:11]
• THE GREAT KING is the REDEEMER [Job 19:25]
• THE GREAT KING is the ANCHOR [Hebrews 6:19]
• THE GREAT KING is the BRIGHT MORNING STAR [Revelation 22:16]
• THE GREAT KING is THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE [John 14:16]
QUESTION: And are you waiting for HIM?
I am waiting for HIM!!! It is all about waiting for HIM! This is exactly what we see in the First Epistle to the Thessalonians: “And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.” [1 Thessalonians 1:10] Also, in the book of Romans we have this: “But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.” [Romans 8:25]
2. The Wind Blows
The wind emanates from the “treasures” of God when “he uttereth his voice”.
This wind is a signal to all of the earth of an impending event, which event often indicates the beginning of a sea change. “When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens; and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.” [Jeremiah 51:16]
What is a sea change? Now, a sea change is a major transformation to the earth! [See the message from the messenger: The Sea Change … The Millennium (The Kingdom of Heaven).]
In the 21st century there is already a wind blowing from the “north” … from the sides of the north from the city of the great King. “Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.” [Song of Solomon 4:16]
The “beloved” is set to come into his “garden” [which is Eden - Ezekiel 28:13]. The earth can be likened to this garden of the great King.
The “north” wind from the sides of the north brings the “cold” to the earth. “Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.” [Job 37:9]
Have you noticed something? It is getting very cold out there!
Here is my question to you: Are you able to stand the “cold” of the great King Who sits on the sides of the north? “He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?” [Psalm 147:17]